Wednesday, July 1, 2015

End of the Year and Summer Lovin

Wow! I cannot believe that summer is finally here. I love what I do, but actually having time to relax is always what I look forward to the most!

The end of the year was great! As I look back and reflect on my 6th year in the education field, I am proud of many of the things I have done and am looking forward to planning my 7th year!

1.) I cannot begin to express the opportunities that participating in Skype sessions did for my students this year. We mystery skyped with 25 states, participated in a mystery skype video calling exchange with Ireland, did 1 place value math skype, met Jillian from Sharks4Kids, participated in World Read Aloud Day with Beverly Ladd and played Kahoot through Skype with Heidi Samuelson from Swamp Frog Kids. All of these amazing opportunities shaped my students into independent and creative thinkers. 


2.) The more the year went on, the more creative and willing my class became! My absolute favorite thing was that they would love to write the morning message! We soon became a family through working together. 


3.) Finally, because of my absolutely amazing students, I earned staff member of the year! :) What a great feeling! And...of course you can't end the year without a class selfie!


Goals for Next Year:

1.) Build a green screen in my classroom to use on a weekly basis.
2.) Use my iPad to make a document camera station.
3.) Make a whole mystery skype corner with maps and resources from different states. Brochures maybe? hmm...
4.) Make a tweet wall for exit slips and to practice tweeting!
5.) Use Technology more for the right reasons!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...