Saturday, May 9, 2015

Educreations, Green Screen and Mother's Day!

So, I have finally figured our how to use Do Inks Green Screen and Animation App! 
Thanks to Heidi from Mrs. Samuelson's Swamp Frog Kids for helping me out!
Swamp Frogs
To celebrate our third Unit of writing which was Opinion, I decided to have my students get one of their nomination pieces and bring it to life! In their writing, they had to tell why a certain book should win first place and 3 reasons why. I have only finished a few but they turned out great! I was also able to put a real life picture in the background like Barnes and Noble! Then, I used the Animation app to make the book that they were nominating fly into the movie. 
Below is one of the finished videos! Email me if you would like step by step instructions on how to use the app! 
Once you get started, you'll never want to stop! The first step is to get green bulletin board paper or fabric and stick it on a blank wall!
Also, I used Educreations for the first time as well and loved it!

This app can be used to create a lesson that students can watch at home to remind them how to do a lesson you taught, such as addition with regrouping.

Or....you can have your students teach a lesson!

Here is link below of my students teaching you about different types of shapes and how many sides and vertices they have! This was my first try and I think it turned out great! I am definitely looking forward to using this app in many other ways!



Finally, we finally finished our Mother's Day Projects! We used our talent at writing Free Verse Poems and wrote one for our moms! Then we made a flower out of the paper you put at the bottom of a cupcake and our pictures in the middle! Here are few below! :) 



See ya later!

1 comment:

  1. Educreations is a fabulous app! I love when my students create tutorials. Learning to use Greenscreen is on my list for next school year.
    Carol
    Still Teaching After All These Years

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...