Friday, September 19, 2014

First Few Weeks of School & Reading Clubs

I hope everyone had a FABULOUS start to the new school year!!!! 

I did!

Phew! Getting married is hard work. I am in the process of changing my last name. It is definitely time consuming!

I have received my ipads from Donors Choose and I cannot wait to start using them. I feel like I have gotten a lot done so far and it is only been 15 days of school!

I started Reading Clubs again! Woo hoo! I love doing them. 

First, each student brainstormed a list of their favorite books. Then, they picked their favorite book or genre and they wrote why they wanted to be in that club. 

Next, I grouped them according to genres and books that were alike and went to the library to get books out for their clubs.

Then, we made huge folders for our clubs and a display to put on our door! Here it is below. :)







And I added QR codes! They have each student in the club explaining why they want to be in that club! :) Love, love, love these codes!

Yay!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...